Wednesday, October 13, 2010

EXP Con Day 1

Well, it was actually Day 2, but I wasn't at the con yesterday so it was Day 1 for me, and there wasn't much interesting going on yesterday anyway.
So this was my first Con. I had little money, no outfit, and I was starving the entire day, but I had a wonderful time. The people at the convention were very nice, and they all had great costumes. I particularly liked some of the Soul Eater cosplays that were prevalent at the con, and the free hugs were lovely. There was a cool game room with some Brawl and SSF4 tournaments going on. I didn't participate in the tournaments, but I played some Brawl matches and kicked everyone's ass with Samus. There was a sweet dealership room, and if I had the money to spend, I would so own these cool Vash and Wolfwood figures, but I just bought what I could: a Revolutionary Girl Utena poster and a mask that'll I use in a Halloween costume (you might find out more about that later).
But the main reason I came to EXP Con was for the panels and guests. Charles Martinet, the voice of Mario from Super Mario Bros., was an extremely nice person. Imagine if Mario had no mustache, no Italian accent, no plumber outfit, and white hair and you would get Charles. He really does match up well with Mario's adventurous and fun-loving character. He got some weird questions at the panel such as "Is Waluigi gay?" or "Do an impression of Mario as a pimp" (the latter was asked by someone dressed as Mario as a pimp), but he was sweet and answered all of the questions well (no, he didn't do the pimp impression, but only because he values Mario's character that much).
The other big name I was there for was Chris Sabat, whom most of you know as Vegeta and Kuwabara from Dragon Ball Z and Yu Yu Hakusho. Here's a useful tip: Don't ask him to say "IT'S OVER 9000!". He gets asked that all the time and he normally won't do it unless you do something embarrassing for him. He was a blast to listen to, and now I want a sitcom where Vegeta and Armstrong are roommates. No, you're not getting any context for that. =P
Chris also hosted Dubbing panel, where he would take an episode of Dragon Ball Z Kai and have fans dub over certain lines and then mix them into the episode. Most of the fans weren't that good, but we got to hear some funny voices and a few decent ones as well. Plus, Chris plays the funniest Baby Goku ever. WAH!
So I'm definitely going back tomorrow. I might post what happens tomorrow as well, but I won't be there as long as today so don't expect much.


No comments:

Post a Comment